Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Roy & Gwin 40 Years




I just returned from a weekend in St. Louis. Sunday marked 40 Years of marriage for my parents, and I was honored to be able to be there with them AND to wear mom's wedding dress!

I am so blessed to have godly parents that have passed down a rich heritage and set a fine example of matrimonial love. Thank you mom and dad for loving each other and giving Todd and me an example to follow. We love you dearly.

After church we had a celebration party for them in the fellowship hall. I was unable to show this dvd then, but here it is now for those who have asked.



3 comments:

goodstewards.wordpress.com said...

What beautiful pictures! My parents just celebrated 32 years yesterday.

Tell me, does the dress you have on in the photo above have a story? Maybe your mother's wedding dress or something? Gorgeous!

Jaime

Melisa said...

Actually, yes, it is my mother's wedding dress as well as her wedding shoes. She was a bit smaller than I am when she was on her wedding day (18 years old), but because the dress has a gathered waist it fit me.

How romantic that your parents were married on Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Melisa,

How wonderful to have your parents celebrating their 40th together! That's such a testimony to God's love and grace in their lives. :)

I hope my parents are still healthy and able to celebrate their 40th in 3 more years.

I enjoyed looking at the pictures of your family. You are very blessed.