Monday, January 21, 2008

Quiz Tourney

Last Saturday I went to Pastor Foster's church in Dallas to watch Bethani and her team quiz in their first tournament of the year. Bethani has been fairly diligent with memorizing, and thus far has committed about 32 of the required 40 Bible verses to memory. In my opinion, that in itself makes her a winner. The fact that she came home with a red and blue ribbon is just icing on the cake.

Watching her at the board was--It was one of those inside proud mommy moments--you know the kind--that moment when you are so glad to be able to say: "That is my child." Now, don't get me wrong, I have had the 'other' kind of moments (you know that kind too). But, hearing her answer question after question of details related to specific Bible verses made me thankful for all of the foundation work that we mommies do throughout their lives. She really has worked hard this year--mostly on her own without much of my help. (Paying her .10 per verse has perhaps been some incentive.) Sis. Jassi does such a good job working with the beginner team.

Now we start on the next 40 verses...

No comments: