Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Day of School

Monday was our first day back in the schoolroom for the 14th time. It does feel a little empty now with one desk missing. We are left with just a 6th and 11th grader, but we bought a few new boxes of crayons anyway. The first day of school just wouldn't be the same without new boxes of perfectly sharpened crayons--age and grade have nothing to do with it.

Tiffani is very responsible, getting up on her own every morning for work. I wonder if she misses
A Beka at all...hmmm...just a little?? Naw.

What a wonderfully fun-filled summer we had this year. We traveled to Pensacola, FL; Pismo Beach and Santa Barbara, CA; Indianapolis, IN; St. Louis, MO; Austin, TX; Miami, and Key West, FL; and last but not least, Nassau and Coco Cay, Bahamas. We were sad for the summer to end, but are up for the challenge of a new school year.

I have many new and exciting doors open to me this fall as an interpreter, and I anticipate improving my skill enough to be able to test again for a higher certification within a year.


1 comment:

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

I don't look forward to the day when my children are finished with their studies. We do so much together that it will certainly be an adjustment. My oldest son informed me a couple days ago that he wants to finish up and be done with school and so I've been thinking about that often.

Sounds like you're off to a great start. I totally relate to the crayons- this is the first year I didn't buy any. I just couldn't convince them that we needed them so they didn't want to spend the money! Isn't that funny?

Blessings!:)