Saturday, June 27, 2009

Kitchen Make-Over

Last week while I was fabric shopping on Harry Hines Boulevard, I found this 2 yard remnant for $2. I thought it should be in my fabric stash, so I picked it up.



When I got home, I realized that the 2 Barnes & Noble cups and saucers I picked up for $4 at a consignment store last month were an exact match!



Now you have to realize that for the past few months, I have been drawn to Kitchen Aid's pink collection. Really it just started with the scissors for Christmas. But when I used them in the kitchen, it made me feel so very feminine. Really! My collection has since grown.



Bethani had started saying that I have a pink phobia, but when I explained that phobia means fear, she changed to, "My mom is on a pink frenzy!"

Will all of this in mind, my wheels began turning about a whole new set of projects. Having said all of that, here are my projects from Friday.






I searched diligently for pink kitchen towels to no avail. If anyone knows of where they are hiding, please let me know. So, what do you do when you can't find or afford what you want to buy? You make it yourself, right mom?














Oh, and dying white towels in the juice of freshly boiled beats doesn't work. Trust me.


Now, I realize that this pink and brown polka dot print is trendy and faddish, and one day my children will look back and remember with disdain "that horrible mud brown and candy pink kitchen," but keep in mind, I really don't have a lot of money invested. If and when I tire of this, I will simply start over with whatever else catches my fancy.

You may be wondering why I post the following day... many times, my projects keep me up late into the night...

(BTW, take my advice and don't use your pink spatula to cook Indian curry. Sad, very sad.)

1 comment:

The Davis' said...

I LOVE pink and brown and blue and brown too! I think it all looks absolutely fabulous! And we are in a pink frenzy here too!!! Yay PINK