Friday, March 14, 2008

THE INFLUENZA

It has been a little while since my last post. I really have a good reason. Can you say INFLUENZA!!!

Last weekend, Craig and I headed to the airport for a conference in West Virginia. We got to DFW at 9:00 a.m., but because of the terrible snowstorm here in Dallas (maybe 1-2 inches) 300 flights were cancelled, and thus we ran from one end of the airport to the other all day long chasing after promised flights only to arrive and be disappointed "We're sorry, this flight is full." We finally got on a plane, and buckled up only to have it cancelled 5 minutes later. FINALLY, at 4:30 we got on a plane, buckled up, AND pushed away. Imagine our distress when the pilot came on and said, "I have bad news..." Well, needless to say, the pastor had to preach the first night of this prophecy conference--we got into our hotel room at midnight.

All went well for the rest of the conference. We just really love the pastor in Tom's River. After our last service on Sunday, Craig complained of feeling really sick. That night in the hotel, he asked if he could use my heating pad and snuggle with me. "I'm so cold" he said. I felt him, and he was burning up! I knew we were in trouble. It went from bad to worse. Over the course of the next few days, I struggled through midterms with chills, fever, severe headache, etc.

However,

I went to church Wednesday night to be prayed for. Three men of God laid hands on me.

I am glad to say that this is Friday night, and I am starting to see some light at the end of this dark tunnel. I'm so glad too because I don't know how long my resolve not to medicate was going to hold out. (Not to mention how miserable it is to lie in bed for 2 days straight!

Craig is well again, and I am on my way. Thank the Lord for his healing touch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you've been so sick!! Glad you're feeling better!!
Linda Reddoch
Hospitality Moderator at Titus 2 Christian Homekeepers
(Faith6)

Anonymous said...

You're alive and well! Yeah!

Thank Jesus for His healing touch. It sounds like you had quite a week. It's good to hear that you stuck it out and didn't lean on any OTC drugs. :)

BTW, have you tried cooking that millet yet?